Stoke Veterinary Hospital is located in Stoke, Nelson. Nelson is a vibrant seaside city that offers fantastic beaches, amazing food, an active arts community and access to some of the most spectacular National Parks in New Zealand. It’s a location for everyone and a magnet for outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers, offering incredible beaches nestled against the northern end of the Southern Alps.
The Stoke clinic has been servicing the Nelson community for the past 30 years in our purpose-built facility on Songer Street. We are proud to support the local and wider community with all their families companion animal needs.
Our team are very experienced, highly skilled and many come especially to live in this fantastic area of NZ to access all that the great outdoors and Nelson’s relaxed lifestyle and climate has to offer -work life balance is important to us! Our team are focused on delivering high standards of medical and surgical care and excellence in client service.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Veterinary Nurse to join our amazing team! This role would encompass some client relations duties as well as vet nursing, so the ideal candidate would also feel passionate about providing a high standard of client care.
Some of the benefits of joining our community:
- Health insurance discounts and benefits, including subsidised health insurance for private hospital and specialist costs! (After meeting the service provision)
- Incredible training opportunities through our Veterinary Training Centres, free for our team members
- Health and wellness benefits, including an employee assistance program and wellness program
- Personal and leadership development investment, through our Online Training Centre and other leadership programs
- Great discounts for personal pet care, including up to 50% off some nutrition products and unlimited free consults, plus a friends and family discount scheme
- Financial rewards and overseas travel for outstanding performance and living our CARE values
What we are looking for:
- A minimum two years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate Veterinary Nursing qualifications
- Exceptional surgical nursing skills
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
For further information about our clinic, please visit: https://www.stokevets.co.nz
National Veterinary Care (NVC) is a group of 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://veterinarytrainingcentre.com.au/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat. Please apply now via https://nvcltd.applynow.net.au/jobs/NVC885