Balaclava Veterinary Surgery has been operating in Cairns for over 30 years. We serve not only the Cairns Region, but also the Cape York communities and beyond, with a range of services from training and preventative health care through to medical and surgical procedures.
We have an opportunity for a passionate, experienced Veterinary Nurse to join us in a full-time capacity.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum three years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate Cert IV Veterinary Nursing qualification
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- A high level of skill in monitoring anaesthetics is necessary
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
What we are offering:
- Focus and commitment on your professional development
- Access to a great team of Veterinarians and Nurses
- Flexibility and adventure with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics nationally if you so desire
- Opportunities for career advancement.
Our clinic is part of National Veterinary Care (NVC), a group of 60 veterinary hospitals located across Australia and New Zealand.
What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more!
We empower our Lead Vets to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don't re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.
For further information about our clinic, please visit http://balaclavavet.com.au/
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and challenging and rewarding cases, please Apply Now!