Practice Manager/Veterinary Nurse
At Hornsby Veterinary Hospital, we aim to provide a comprehensive, professional and compassionate veterinary service. We recognise the significance of your pets and the place they hold in families. Our animal health team offer education, advice and care to all pet parents to ensure their pets have the longest, happiest and healthiest lives possible.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Practice Manager/Veterinary Nurse with energy and drive to contribute to our committed and compassionate team. The position will require you to work 5 days per fortnight as a Veterinary Nurse, with the remaining days working as the Practice Manager. The successful applicant may also be required to work Saturdays on a rostered basis.
The right candidate will have a commitment and passion for high level patient and client care and the desire to provide exemplary customer service. The perfect candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team whilst demonstrating strong communication skills, essential in order to lead and support our established team.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of four years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate qualifications
- Practice management experience would be highly regarded
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- A high level of skill in monitoring anaesthetics is necessary
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Sound business knowledge and basic financial understanding
What we are offering:
- Focus and commitment on your professional development
- Access to a great team of Veterinarians and Nurses
- Flexibility and adventure with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics nationally if you so desire
- Opportunities for career advancement.
Our clinic is part National Veterinary Care (NVC), a group of 60 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more!
We empower our Lead Vets and Practice Managers to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don't re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.
To learn more about our clinic please visit http://www.hornsbyvet.com.au/
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and challenging and rewarding cases, please Apply Now!