An exciting opportunity exists for two experienced Veterinary Nurses to join a well-established, Best Practice accredited companion animal clinic, located in Christchurch. Christchurch is a vibrant, multicultural city that offers a range of sporting pursuits, including water skiing and mountain biking. With an airport in close vicinity, the ski slopes within an hours’ drive and great schools on offer, Christchurch is the sea change you have been looking for.
Working across three well equipped clinics, you will have access to great facilities including an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray machine, ultrasonography, CT scanner and emergency and critical care equipment.
We currently have Full time and Part time positions available.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate qualifications
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Stock ordering and control experience desirable
What we are offering:
- Annual study allowance and study leave, with access to our Training Centre of Excellence
- Focus and commitment on your professional development
- Access to a great team of Veterinarians and Nurses
- We will encourage you to utilise your skills for IV placement, blood collection and other laboratory processing, x-rays, general anaesthetic monitoring, surgical and inpatient nursing.
- Flexibility and adventure with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics nationally if you so desire.
Our clinics are part of National Veterinary Care (NVC), a group of 60 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
We empower our Lead Vets and Practice Managers to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don't re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more!
For more information on our clinic please visit www.ourvets.co.nz
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and rewarding cases, please Apply Now