An exciting opportunity exists for two Veterinary Nurses to join a well-established, Best Practice accredited companion animal clinic, located in Christchurch. Christchurch is a vibrant, multicultural city that offers a range of sporting pursuits, including water skiing and mountain biking. With an airport in close vicinity, the ski slopes within an hours’ drive and great schools on offer, Christchurch is the sea change you have been looking for.
Are you passionate about animal advocacy and ready to take the next step in your career with a leading practice?
Do you thrive working in a fast paced environment with cutting edge technology and an amazing support team?
If this sounds like you, then you’ll fit right in at Ourvets. We are a group of small animal practices, located across four sites in Christchurch. Ourvets see a wide range of both 1st and 2nd tier referrals that are both interesting and challenging which will stretch your knowledge and skill daily.
Working across four well equipped Ourvets clinics, you will have access to great facilities including an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray machine, ultrasonography, CT scanner and emergency and critical care equipment.
We currently have Full time and Part time positions available.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate qualifications
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Stock ordering and control experience desirable
What we are offering:
- Annual study allowance, with access to our Training Centre of Excellence
- Focus and commitment on your professional development
- Access to a great team of Veterinarians and Nurses
- We will encourage you to utilise your skills for IV placement, blood collection and other laboratory processing, x-rays, general anaesthetic monitoring, surgical and inpatient nursing.
- Flexibility and adventure with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics throughout New Zealand and Australia if you so desire.
For more information on our clinic please visit www.ourvets.co.nz
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and rewarding cases, please Apply Now